About Dragon Papillon Photography
Dragon Papillon Photography is a registered business (ABN 93 030 656 776) with public liability insurance. I have a current NSW Working with Children Check (WWW0938606E) for photoshoots that involve children.
I am an independent, freelance photographer with a dedicated studio space; and am able to attend on-site as necessary. For me photography is not a hobby or a side hustle. I work full time as a photographer in my own business. Our services are to provide boutique photography services in commercial product photography, visual content for websites and social media, portraits and event photography. I manage all aspects in delivering services to my customer including but not limited to pre-photoshoot consultations, the photoshoot, and post production of the client's images. I promote my service across various third party platforms.
Dragon Papillon Photography is located in Warrawong 2502, Australia
Important to know
During the COVID-19 pandemic, our work practices will strictly abide by the social distancing and other guidelines that may be in place at the time of your scheduled photoshoot.
GEneral Terms and COnditions
A. Performing the Photoshoot
- Service Area : Dragon Papillon Photography provides professional photography services in commercial product photography, visual content for websites and social media, portraits and event photography either from their studio or on location to the Illawarra region and will consider half and full day shoots for Sydney based customers. We have a number of Commercial Product Photography Customers interstate and they arrange to send products to our studio to be photographed.
- Service Fees : Our service fees vary depending on the nature of your photoshoot.
- We have a range of packages which may be customised to meet your requirements. We provide a detailed obligation-free quote for customised services. Quoted pricing is valid and honoured for 90 days from issuing of the quote.
- Our packages and quotes will specify the file format, level of post production work, and licensing that will apply to a client's photoshoot. Any variations between delivered service and the package details, quote or agreed service at time of hire will be reflected in the final invoice to the customer.
- There is a minimum charge for all major services (portrait photography, event photography, product photography, digital content) and is applied regardless of the quantity of work or time undertaken to perform the service.
- On Location Fees : All services performed outside of the Dragon Papillon Photography studio will attract an On Location Fee which is charged separately on the invoice. These are charged based on the round trip distance to your location from our studio based in postcode 2502. On Location Fees cover travel time and travel costs to your location. Our On Location Fees are as follows :
- in studio : no charge
- within postcode 2502 : $35
- round trip < 20 km from postcode 2502 : $55
- round trip > 20km from postcode 2502 : $55 plus $1.35/km exceeding 20 kms.
- Incidental Fees/ Expenses : associated with organising and performing the photoshoot are charged at cost to the client in the final invoice and may include parking, obtaining permits or admission fees, model fees, purchasing/ hiring of props, hiring specialist equipment and venue hire.
- Booking Fees/ Deposit to Secure Services : An upfront deposit is required to secure my services for Event Photography Services and all half-day and full-day photoshoots. At such time as this order is completed, the deposit shall be applied to reduce the total cost of the final invoice and the Client shall pay the balance due. The deposit retains Dragon Papillon Photography services for the date and time agreed at the time of hiring my services. The deposit is non-refundable on cancellation of services except:
- if the agreed service cannot proceed due to fire, casualty, strike, act of God other causes beyond the control of the parties.
- if Dragon Papillon Photography is unable to perform the service due to photographer illness and have been unable to substitute another competently professional photographer to perform the agreed service.
- if there are changes to COVID-19 social restrictions which prevent the delivery of the service.
- Rescheduling : Sometimes photoshoots need to be rescheduled. Dragon Papillon Photography reserves the right to charge a rescheduling fee for:
- Client rescheduling at short notice
- 20% of booked service value if rescheduling notice is less than 24 hours
- 10% of booked service value if rescheduling notice is greater than 24 hours but less than 1 week
- 5% of booked service value if the rescheduling notice is more than 1 week but less than 1 month
- Payment of the rescheduling fee is required in order to re-secure services at a future agreed date.
- Rescheduling fees will not be applied in instances of inclement weather for outdoor photoshoots, fire, casualty, strike, act of God other external causes beyond the control of the parties.
B. Post Production SeRvices & File Delivery
- Photographic Materials. All photographic materials, including but not limited to digital copies, proofs, previews, and prints, shall be the exclusive property of the Dragon Papillon Photography.
- Post Production Services. With every Dragon Papillon Photography service there is a post production service included in the service fee.
- Dragon Papillon Photography photographs all original images in RAW. Service fees include the post production work to convert these RAW files into a useable format for clients. Dragon Papillon Photography does not release RAW files to their clients. (An analogy: The RAW files are like the raw ingredients a chef has at their disposal to create a dish. The chef combines and manipulates those ingredients in a particular way to create their signature dish - the chef's product. When you order the dish from the chef, you expect the finished signature dish and not the unprocessed individual ingredients that make up the dish).
- Dragon Papillon Photography offers different levels of post production work depending on the type of package purchased and/ the finished look required for the final images released to the Client. The levels of post production work are:
- Image Editing. Image editing includes the conversion of the RAW file to a useable image format; and may include global adjustments for exposure, white balance, contrast and straightening.
- Image Retouching. Image retouching refers to the alteration or manipulation of the image and may include removal of blemishes, specific colour correction, modification of the content of the image (such as removing unsightly elements which detract from the overall image presentation), cropping.
- Deep Etching. Deep Etching refers to the removal of a background to create a transparent background or the cutting out of elements in an image.
- Artistic Interpretation. Artistic Interpretation is an extension to image editing and/ retouching and at a minimum level may be the conversion of coloured images to black and white images. It may include the compilation of various images to create a new image.
- File Type. Files are typically delivered as digital JPEG files. File size depends on the post production work. Depending on the level of service provided, clients receive access to High Resolution Images suitable for print; and or High Quality Web Optimised Images suitable for electronic sharing only.
- File Review. Dragon Papillon Photography shall make proofs and previews available to the Client for the purpose of selecting photographs and reviewing images prior to payment of the final invoice. The proofs or previews will be made available to the client on a secure Web Site using a Client unique password to access the private Client Gallery. The Client can recommend alterations to the images prior to payment of the final invoice.
- File Delivery. Dragon Papillon Photography delivers final images on on full payment of the final invoice. Images are sent in digital formal via a secure Web Site using a Client unique password to access the private Client Gallery.
- File Access. The Client will have unlimited access to their assigned gallery for the time specified in the Service Package or for as long as the file are retained on the external hosting site.
- File Retention. Dragon Papillon Photography retains Client images for up to three (3) years. Images are stored on secure external hosting sites (and can be accessed by the Client via the link provided to their Client Gallery) as well as on external hard drives held locally by Dragon Papillon Photography. In the event that Dragon Papillon needs to remove a client's gallery from an external hosting site, Dragon Papillon Photography will notify the client in writing and give the client a reasonable but limited time to download the images from the site to store personally.
C. Copyright & Image Licensing
- Copyright. Dragon Papillon Photography owns and retains the Copyright for all images created. Dragon Papillon Photography retains all other rights in the image and any derivative work, including the right to use, copy, and distribute the image in all markets and territories in print and digital formats including the use of the image for the promotion, advertising and marketing of Dragon Papillon Photography products and services
- In no instance shall Dragon Papillon assign or transfer copyright to clients or other third parties.
- All images created by Dragon Papillon Photography have the Copyright terms embedded in the digital files. Alteration to this embedded information is in violation of Copyright law and protections.
- The embedded information reads : "This image is the property of Dragon Papillon Photography (www.dragonpapillon.com) and is protected under Australian and International copyright laws. Copying, duplicating, saving as a digital file, printing, manipulating, transmitting or reproducing outside of the Rights Usage Terms listed below would constitute a breach of copyright."
- Image Licensing and Restrictions : All images are issued to clients with an embedded Rights Usage License depending on the intended use for the image.
- The license outlines the manner in which the image can be used by the client legally; and which activities would be considered as a breach of copyright. The Rights Usage License is embedded in the image's digital file. Alteration to this embedded information is in violation of Copyright law and protections.
- Rights Usage License for personal and private use. This license is applied to images created under our Events Photography Services for private celebrations; and our Capture Us (Family Portrait Services). This license gives the client the right to use the image for non-commercial, private and personal use only. The image can not be used in any commercial manner including the intention to use the image to promote, advertise, market, or sell; or be displayed on any third party sites with the intention to attract, sell or promote a service or business. The Client may share the image with family and friends; print the image for personal and private display; or share the image on personal social media posts.
- Rights Usage License for commercial use. This license is applied to images created under our Promote Yourself Portrait Services; Publicity Photoshoots; Commercial Product Photography; Website and Social Media Photography services. This license gives the client and their authorised agents (such as PR agencies, web developers) the right to to use and/ distribute this image in both digital and printed media for business marketing, promotional or advertising purposes only. The Client shall not embed the image onto a product, with the intention to sell that product for commercial gain. The licensed material shall not be incorporated into a logo, trademark or service mark.
- Other Rights Usage Licenses with different terms and restrictions may be applied to images for specific circumstances.
- To legally use an image for any other purpose, or by any other person/ agent, a Rights Usage Licence or written permission must be directly obtained from Dragon Papillon Photography.
- If any Licensed Material featuring a model is used in (i) a manner that would lead a reasonable person to believe that the model personally uses or endorses a product or service; or (ii) in connection with a subject that would be unflattering or controversial to a reasonable person, the Client must accompany each such use with a statement that indicates that the person so pictured is a model and is used for illustrative purposes only.
- Pornographic, defamatory or otherwise unlawful use of Dragon Papillon licensed material is strictly prohibited.
- Credit Lines for Editorial Use. If any Licensed Material is reproduced in an editorial manner, then the Client agrees to credit Dragon Papillon Photography and must appear adjacent to the Licensed Material or in the credit line accompanying the Licensed Material.
Discover more about my work
Dragon Papillon Photography Studio is based in Kanahooka, 2530 NSW, Australia
We offer boutique photography services for commercial product photography, visual content for websites and social media, professional portraits and event photography.